San Luis Obispo (SLO)There are lots of kid-friendly things to do in the San Luis Obispo County area. With clean beaches, pretty mountains, wineries, farms, museums, hiking trails and free family-friendly events, SLO County has so much to explore with the kids. See upcoming family-friendly events to find things to do with your family.
See free events coming up in San Luis Obispo county under the family-friendly activities page.
San Luis Obispo County Attractions
- Charles Paddock Zoo -- Read my blog review
- Hearst Castle -- Read my blog review
- The Ravine Waterpark -- Read my blog review
- Mustang Waterpark -- Read my blog review
- San Luis Obispo Children's Museum -- Read my blog review
- Central Coast Aquarium -- Read my blog review
- San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum -- Learn more
- Paso Robles Children's Museum -- Read my blog review
- Exploration Discovery Center -- Read my blog review
- Museum of Natural History -- Learn more
- Read My Review About the Mineral Springs Hot Tubs at the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort & Spa in San Luis Obispo
- Read about our Romantic Staycation and Date Night at Granada Hotel & Bistro in Downtown SLO
- See Upcoming 2023 Kid-friendly Events like Free Summer Concerts Throughout San Luis Obispo County
See detailed reviews of restaurants in San Luis Obispo County in the blog section.
- Rooftop at Inn at the Pier has the best Pismo Beach Pier view.
- Granada Hotel & Bistro is a great place for a staycation and dinner in Downtown SLO.
- The Galley in Morro Bay has a wonderful view of the Morro Rock.
- Mistura in Downtown SLO has an amazing modern Peruvian menu.
- Ventana Grill has an amazing view of the bluffs in Shell Beach.
- AJ Spurs in Grover Beach is a kid-friendly steak house.
- Robin's Restaurant in Cambria has a beautiful spacious outdoor patio area to dine under.
- Tropical Hawaiian BBQ has the best Hawaiian food in all of SLO County.
- Oyster Loft has a wonderful view of Pismo Beach's sunset with one of the best fine dining seafood menus around.
- Pono Pacific Kitchen has delicious Pacific fusion cuisine on the West End of Grover Beach. Pono means "righteousness" part of a Hawaiian motto.
- La Bodega Tapas is a romantic restaurant in Pismo Beach with entrees meant for sharing.
Family Friendly Restaurants
Find family-friendly restaurants in San Luis Obispo County to make your next family meal outing more comfortable. See family-friendly restaurants in San Luis Obispo county.
Our Top Picks:
- SLO Public Market (has a kid's play area)
- Pismo Bowl (has food, drinks, bowling alley and arcade)
Family Friendly Things To Do
Find things to do with your kids with a list of things to do in San Luis Obispo under our 'family-friendly events' page. There are many seasonal events like Easter egg hunts and Christmas parades that you can look out for all around the county. See free activities, check out themed festivals and hang out at the best kid-friendly places around SLO. See all family friendly things to do in SLO county.
Relocating to San Luis Obispo (SLO)Moving to a new place is always hard at first. Go to the 'Mom Groups and Childcare' page to find out local resources, mom groups and preschool/daycare suggestions.
San Luis Obispo is a Family-Friendly CountySee a list of parks with a playground for kids to play in SLO County.
Things to Do in San Luis Obispo
Pismo Beach, California, part of San Luis Obispo County!
Popular Beaches in SLO County
Neighboring Big California Cities
San Francisco (SF) is only a 3 hour drive north of San Luis Obispo and has the famous California Academy of Sciences, a perfect museum for kids and adults, Six Flags Discovery Center and a lot of sightseeing tours! Read about our trip to San Francisco and visit to California Academy of Sciences.
Los Angeles (LA) is only a 3 hour drive south of San Luis Obispo and has many theme parks. Read about our trip in Little Tokyo Los Angeles as a family. We also went to Universal Studios Hollywood during Spring Break after Super Nintendo World and Mario Kart opened. Read about our trip at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Orange County (OC) is around a 4 hour drive south from San Luis Obispo. Great Wolf Lodge in Southern California is located in Anaheim, California in Orange County. Read about our family trip at Great Wolf Lodge and our experience at their indoor waterpark.
San Diego (SD) is a 5-6 hour drive south from San Luis Obispo County on a good traffic day. With amazing famous attractions, many Californians travel here to enjoy a nice weekend getaway. Read about my visit to San Diego and our stay at the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel at LEGOLAND California.