Posted by San Luis Obispo Mom on Sunday, January 23, 2022 Under: For Kids
Upcoming Teen Events
August 26, 2023 (Sat) - Teen Crafternoon at Morro Bay Library from 2PM - 4PM. Free event. This is for ages 11 - 18 years old. Craft will be origami kusudama. Address: 625 Harbor St, Morro Bay, CA 93442Here is a list of Teen Centers and places for teenagers to thrive in San Luis Obispo County, year round:
- Colony Park Community Center Teen Center for 6th - 12 graders. Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday from after school - 6PM. $10 yearly membership fee (scholarships available). Each teen will receive a Teen Center Membership Card to be scanned each time he/she enters the Teen Center. Each member must have a signed waiver to participate and must follow all Teen Center Rules. Please bring waivers to the Colony Park Community Center, 5599 Traffic Way to sign-up! Anyone under the age of 12 must be accompanied in the Community Center by a parent or guardian. For more information please call 805-470-3360. More info link: www.atascadero.org/teencenter. Address: 5599 Traffic Way, Atascadero, CA 93422
- Paso Robles Teen Center at Centennial Park opened in August 2023 and is a dedicated space for students in grades: 6th through 12th grade. It has a kid game console, places to charge up and tables to play board games. They can also easily walk from the Teen Center to the gym to enjoy basketball and ping pong. It’s open 2 to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Address: 600 Nickerson Dr., Paso Robles, CA 93446
- The CLUB at Boys and Girls Club of South San Luis Obispo County is free for teens of grades 7th - 12th grade where kids can drop in after school. From sports, volunteerism and academic pursuits, The CLUB offers great resources and programs for the kids. A membership application is required (free). Hours and events vary so check with the Boys and Girls Club of South San Luis Obispo County. Address: 1830 19th St., Oceano, CA 93445
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Mid Central Coast is separate from the Boys and Girls Club of South San Luis Obispo. The Mid Central Coast has 15 different locations although they are not clear on their prices for their many programs. They have programs that include sports, arts and more. You'll need to sign up for a membership which requires a fee.
- San Luis Obispo County Libraries have over a dozen libraries around the county and they usually have weekly or monthly scheduled events teen events at a couple of locations. Some of the the more active ones for teens include: Atascadero Library, Morro Bay Library and San Luis Obispo Library (Downtown SLO). Events are the libraries are almost always free. Read about my visit at the San Luis Obispo Library.
- SLO Skate Park at Santa Rosa Park is located at 1050 Oak St., San Luis Obispo, CA 93405. The skate park is open from 7AM - 10PM daily. Helmet, elbow and knee pads are required. Free entry.
- Los Osos Skate Park is located at 2180 Palisades Avenue, Los Osos, California. Hours of Operation is 12PM - dusk daily. Helmet, elbow and knee pads are required. Free entry.
- South County Skate Park is located at 1750 Ramona Ave., Grover Beach, CA 93433. Open from dawn to dusk. Helmet, elbow and knee pads are required. Free entry.
- ATown Park has an indoor skate park and an outdoor section as well. $5 per session. Hours area: Mon - Fri from 2PM - 6PM, Sat from 12PM - 5PM and Sun from 12PM - 4PM. Address: 5493 Traffic Way, Atascadero, CA 93422
- Templeton Skatepark is located at 599 S Main St., Templeton, CA 93465 and is open from 9AM - sunset (or as posted). Helmets, elbow and knee pads, shirts and shoes are required to be worn at all times. Free entry.
Other Leisurely Things To Do and Resources for Teens:
- Go to a movie theater to watch a new age-appropriate movie
- Go shopping at Pismo Beach Outlets Center in Pismo Beach
- Hang out at the beach in Pismo Beach as there are a lot of restaurants and shops to look at besides hanging out in the sun
- Hang out in Downtown San Luis Obispo and enjoy a walk around the shops and restaurants.
- Teens who are 16 years old and older can get assistance with finding and internship, apprentice and/or employment through WIOA Youth Program. This is for at-risk youth who are out of school. This particular youth program is for ages 16 - 24 years old so college aged kids can apply as well.
In : For Kids
Tags: teen centers in san luis obispo county atascadero teen center things for teens to do in slo