San Luis Obispo (SLO)There are lots of kid-friendly things to do in the San Luis Obispo County area. With clean beaches, pretty mountains, wineries, farms, museums and downtown events, SLO has so much to explore with the kids. See upcoming family-friendly events to find things to do with your family.
San Luis Obispo is a Family-Friendly CountySee a list of parks with a playground for kids to play in SLO County.
Things to Do in San Luis Obispo
See detailed reviews of restaurants in San Luis Obispo County in the blog section.
- Rooftop at Inn at the Pier has the best Pismo Beach Pier view.
- The Galley in Morro Bay has a wonderful view of the Morro Rock.
- Ventana Grill has an amazing view of the bluffs in Shell Beach.
- AJ Spurs in Grover Beach is a kid-friendly steak house.
- Robin's Restaurant in Cambria has a beautiful spacious outdoor patio area to dine under.
- Tropical Hawaiian BBQ has the best Hawaiian food in all of SLO County.
- Oyster Loft has a wonderful view of Pismo Beach's sunset with one of the best fine dining seafood menus around.
- Pono Pacific Kitchen has delicious Pacific fusion cuisine on the West End of Grover Beach. Pono means "righteousness" part of a Hawaiian motto.
- La Bodega Tapas is a romantic restaurant in Pismo Beach with entrees meant for sharing.
Find family-friendly restaurants in San Luis Obispo County to make your next family meal outing more comfortable. See family-friendly restaurants in San Luis Obispo county.
Pismo Beach, California, part of San Luis Obispo County!
Find things to do with your kids with a list of things to do in San Luis Obispo under our 'family-friendly events' page. There are many seasonal events like Easter egg hunts and Christmas parades that you can look out for all around the county. See free activities, check out themed festivals and hang out at the best kid-friendly places around SLO. See all family friendly things to do in SLO county.
Neighboring Big California Cities
San Francisco (SF) is only a 3 hour drive north of San Luis Obispo and has the famous California Academy of Sciences, a perfect museum for kids and adults, Six Flags Discovery Center and a lot of sightseeing tours! Read about our trip to San Francisco and visit to California Academy of Sciences.
Los Angeles (LA) is only a 3 hour drive south of San Luis Obispo and has many theme parks like Universal Studios Hollywood, Medieval Times, Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain and more. See all discounted online tickets for LA.
San Diego (SD) is only a 5-6 hour drive south from San Luis Obispo County on a good traffic day. With amazing famous attractions like the World Famous San Diego Zoo, LEGOLAND California, SeaWorld San Diego and more, many Californians travel here to enjoy a nice weekend getaway. Read about my visit to San Diego and LEGOLAND California.