Mistura Review | Downtown San Luis Obispo Restaurant
Mistura does everything right! Located in Downtown San Luis Obispo, Mistura's ambiance is sleek, the service is sharp and the food and drinks are stand outs!
For a belated Valentine's Day celebration, my husband and I made a reservation online for Mistura for a Saturday.
We arrived about 15 minutes before our reservation after finding a metered parking spot. Luckily, we had coins because the meter we parked right by didn't not use the parking app that the other spots use in San Luis Obispo. Somehow we parked outside of the range but no matter, it was still a good parking spot because it was only a couple of blocks down from Mistura. After checking in with the host, I only had a wait a couple of minutes before we were seated.
We remembered that the restaurant takes great care of making our food and that it was going to be awhile before we'd get our entrees so we ordered a couple of cocktails and the presentation was excellent. I ordered the Cucumber Moonrise and then the Moon Lite. I stuck to a moon theme tonight. If I had to choose, I preferred the Cucumber Moonrise but they were both refreshing options. See pictures of the cocktails that I ordered below.
I was really hungry and ordered their Arroz Con Marisco (paella) as my entree as I loved it so much last time. The portion was big, the seafood on the dish were fresh and it came in a quintessential paella pan! I had leftovers to bring home.
After about 1.5 hours, we finished our meals and walked outside to take a downtown SLO stroll around the busy streets. It was packed with young people, old people, people with families and people on vacation! It's always fun to walk around downtown when there's time to do it. I really enjoyed our belated Valentine's Day dinner with my husband. Next time, I hope to have enough room in my stomach to try one of their beautiful desserts at Mistura.
Watch my instagram reel on my Mistura visit: https://www.instagram.com/p/Co2daGZpXs9/
Note about Mistura's restrooms: The men and women restaurants are separated from each other by a bar so if you need to use the women's restroom, make sure to walk to the farthest corner (left of the bar) to find it. The men's restroom is perpendicular to host's desk.
Mistura Address: 570 Higuera Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Other Restaurants I've Visited in San Luis Obispo (SLO) County:
- Oyster Loft in Pismo Beach
- Granada Hotel & Bistro is a great place for a staycation and dinner. Read our staycation experience at the Granada Hotel & Bistro.
- Ember Restaurant in Arroyo Grande has a monthly menu with highly creative dishes and indoor and outdoor seating options. See my instagram video reel of our visit at Ember and the dishes we tried.
- SeaVenture Restaurant in Pismo Beach, inside of SeaVenture Beach Hotel
- Ventana Grill in Shell Beach (popular choice for Shell Beach)
- La Bodega Tapas (romantic date night option in Pismo Beach)
- Pono Pacific Kitchen (Hawaiian/Pacific fusion)
- Gardens of Avila Restaurant (part of Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort)
- 1865 Craft House & Kitchen in San Luis Obispo
- The Galley Seafood and Grill in Morro Bay
- Copper Field Cafe & Bakery (famous desserts in SLO; part of Madonna Inn property)
In : Restaurants
Tags: mistura slo mistura restaurant mistura review downtown san luis obispo peruvian restaurant slo