San Luis Obispo (SLO) TravelRead My Staycation Reviews Around San Luis Obispo County:
- Read about my staycation at the famous Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo.
- Read about my staycation at Granada Hotel & Bistro in Downtown San Luis Obispo.
- Read about my staycation at The Carlton in Atascadero.
- Read about my mineral springs spa soaks at Sycamore Mineral Springs & Spa and my romantic lunches there.
- Museum of Natural History -- Read review
- Charles Paddock Zoo -- Read review
- Hearst Castle -- Read review
- The Ravine Waterpark -- Read review
- San Luis Obispo Children's Museum -- Read review
- Central Coast Aquarium -- Read review
- San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum -- Read review
- Paso Robles Children's Museum -- Read review
- Exploration Discovery Center -- Read review
- Mustang Waterpark -- Read review
San Luis Obispo (SLO) County Hotels
Avila Beach has 3 piers with two that are open to the public. The third one is owned by Cal Poly. Avila Beach is an upscale beach community with a unique flair. I love that it's easy to find the swings right on the sand on the beach that faces the ocean at Avila Beach. There's also a playground steps from the beach and an aquarium called Central Coast Aquarium.
There are many fine restaurants along the beach and during the warmer months, they have a weekly farmers market. See more pictures of the Avila Beach Pier.
If you've ever watched Finding Dory, the movie sequel to Finding Nemo, Dory was originally from Morro Bay, California. Although the exact aquarium in the movie does not actually exist, Morro Bay is an amazing and beautiful bay and is the natural habitat of many sea animals.
Famously, many come here to see the Morro Rock. See more pictures of Morro Rock and the beach there.
Hundreds of wineries are located in Paso Robles with some of the most famous California wines. There are over 300 wineries in Paso Robles, even one that looks like a castle!
See reviews of wineries and winery pictures by SanLuisObispoMom.com. In the summer time, The Ravine Waterpark opens and it has slides, a lazy river and a section for the little ones! The California Mid-State Fair is also open during the summer for 12 days. See our pictures taken at The Ravine Waterpark and California Mid-State Fair on the Family-Friendly Events section.
Grover Beach has one of two entrances to the Oceano Dunes, which are part of Pismo State Beach and many lumps these small beach towns as Pismo Beach when in fact they are incorporated as their own cities. You can ride on the beach for a fee or walk on the beach. See more pictures of Grover Beach. Many amazing restaurants are located in Grover Beach, along Grand Avenue. See a list of hotels in Grover Beach
Home of the famous California castle called Hearst Castle is located in San Simeon. Alongside the beach, you can also visit the elephant seals in their natural habitat for free! See pictures of our day at Hearst Castle and the Elephant Seals.
- San Luis Obispo County
- Santa Barbara County
- Ventura County
- Monterey County
California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco is about a 3.5 hour drive north from San Luis Obispo County. We've visited here with our sons and enjoyed the large, multi-storied learning adventure here.