Halloween for Kids, Pumpkin Patches & Harvest Events in SLO County
(*Keep scrolling to see a list of 10 Pumpkin Patches in San Luis Obispo County in the next section.)
October 27 - 29, 2023 (Fri - Sun) - Marathon Monster Mash at Elm Street Park in Arroyo Grande for 3 days. Cost is $25 for tickets for unlimited bounce-n-play/per day and $3 - $5 per activity. Hours are different every day. Fri: 6PM - 9PM, Sat: 12PM - 8PM and Sun: 12PM - 4PM. Address: 1221 Ash St. Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
October 28, 2023 - Pumpkins in the Park at Dinosaur Caves Park in Pismo Beach from 10AM - 1PM. Free event. Children ages 12 and under can participate in pumpkin decorating, games, crafts, bounce houses and more. Costume contest starts at 11:30AM. Food and beverage will be available for purchase.
See more pictures that I took at Dinosaur Caves Park. Please leave pets at home. After the event at Pumpkins in the Park at Dinosaur Caves Park, drive to Downtown Pismo Beach to trick or treat from 12PM - 1PM at participating businesses. Dinosaur Caves Park Address: 2701 Price St., Pismo Beach, CA 93449
October 28, 2028 (Sat) - Halloween Market at Nova Coffee Co in Arroyo Grande from 10AM - 2PM. Shop local vendors at a coffee shop. Bring the kiddos dressed up for trick or treating and face painting. Free entry. Address: 1156 E Grand Ave., Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
October 28, 2023 (Sat) - Wiggle Waggle Fall Festival at Woods Human Society from 12PM - 3PM. Free fall-themed community pet celebration and a whole lot of HOWL-o-ween fun! Activities include: kids' and canines' costume contests, stuffed-animal pull, bobbing for tennis balls, dog training demos, photos in the Pup'kin Patch, Santa Paws Portraits, local artisan goods, delicious food, face painting and more. Address: 875 Oklahoma Ave., San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
October 28, 2023 (Sat) - Morro Bay Trick-Or-Treat at Morro Bay Businesses from 2:30PM - 5:30PM. There will be a map available at 2:30PM that day at the City Rec Booth that will be located at the corner of Morro Bay Blvd., and Main St. There will be a photo booth, face painting, bounce house, haunted trolley, candy and more. Address for GPS: Morro Bay Blvd & Main St., Morro Bay, CA 93442
October 28, 2023 (Sat) - San Miguel Trunk Fest at San Miguel Park from 5PM - 7:30PM. Free community event planned by local REALTOR and church. Harvest games, vendors and more. Address: 1325 K Street, San Miguel, CA 93451
October 28, 2023 (Sat) - Trunk or Treat 2023 at SLO City Church from 5PM - 7PM. Inflatables, games, pizza and candy. It will be at the parking lot. Address: 1150 Laurel Lane, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
October 28, 2023 (Sat) - Zoo Boo at Charles Paddock Zoo from 5PM - 8:30PM. Dress up in your not-so-scarry costume and come to the Zoo ready for fun. Activities include carnival-style games with trinket prizes. According to the Charles Paddock Zoo website, prices are $16 per person; Members $15 per person; Ages 2 and Under Free. I went to his event in the past with my sons. See my instagram reel of Zoo Boo at Charles Paddock Zoo or my blog entry about Charles Paddock Zoo to see pictures of animals. Address: 9100 Morro Road, Atascadero, CA 93422
October 28, 2023 (Sat) - Trunk or Treat at Birchwood Nipomo at 5:30PM. Candy handout, face painting and spooky fun. Address: 323 W Tefft St., Nipomo, CA 93444
October 29, 2023 (Sun) - Halloween Pet Costume Contest at Pismo Beach Veterinary Clinic with registration starting at 12PM and judging starting at 12:30PM. Address: 990 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
October 29, 2023 (Sun) - Oktoberfest 2023 in Baywood-Los Osos from 9:00AM - 5:30PM. Family friendly event with kids' zone. There will be music, beer garden, local food vendors and a costume contest. Address for GPS: 2nd St & Santa Maria Ave., Baywood-Los Osos, CA 93402
October 29, 2023 (Sun) - Dia de Los Muertos in Mission Plaza in Downtown San Luis Obispo from 2PM - 6PM. There will be a costume contest, altars, family fun, music and dance Address: 989 Chorro St., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
October 29, 2023 (Sun) - Trunk or Treat at Nipomo Presbyterian Church from 3PM - 5PM. Free event for the community. Free admission. Address: 1235 N Thompson Ave., Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
October 29, 2023 (Sun) - Trunk or Treat at Sunken Gardens in Atascadero from 4PM - 6PM. 50 + cars decorated. Event is organized by 4 different churches. Address: 5942 West Mall, Atascadero, CA 93422
October 30, 2023 (Mon) - Halloween at The Market at SLO Public Market from 11AM - 8PM. Trick or treating opportunity by 10 different businesses. See restaurants that I've personally visited at SLO Public Market. Address: 3845 S Higuera St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
October 31, 2023 (Tues) - Trick or Treat Downtown Atascadero from 5PM - 8PM on Halloween night. Free event. On Entrada Ave. in Downtown Atascadero, people and pets of all ages are welcome to come and enjoy family, children, and pet costume contests, games, and Trick or Treating. Address for GPS: Entrada Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422
Pumpkin Patches and Farm Fun
List of Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes and Farms in San Luis Obispo County with Pumpkins
- Avila Valley Barn has pumpkins for fall during the fall season and also offers hayrides for a cost. You can visit farm animals for free! See pictures that I've taken at Avila Valley Barn on this blog post. This barn is open year round and attracts a lot of tourists. Parking is free and you can even shop at their market for produce, desserts and toys.
See my instagram reel to see my recent visit at Avila Valley Barn in October.
Avila Valley Barn Address: 560 Avila Beach Dr, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
- The Pumpkin Patch in Edna Valley now has pumpkins for 2023 through Halloween with pumpkins already cut but you can pick them yourselves starting on September 16th, 2023. They also have a corn maze (costs money).
See our pumpkin patch IG video reel of our personal visit through the corn maze here. Address: 2315 Biddle Ranch Road San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Brookshire Farms will be officially open starting on September 30 through October 31, 2023 but closing every Monday. Farm Adventure Hours are Tues-Fri: 12pm-6pm, last entry @ 5:15pm, Sat & Sun 10am-6pm, last entry @ 5:15pm. Pumpkin Shopping Hours are Tues-Fri: 12pm-7pm, Sat & Sun 10am-7pm. Their soft opening is between September 23 - 29, 2023 between 12PM - 6PM with limited activities. They usually have night mazes here during the weekends of October, in addition to pumpkins. Address: 4747 Los Osos Valley Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
- Nipomo Pumpkin Patch will be open starting on Sept 23 through Oct 31, 2023. They have the largest pumpkins around with the best prices. It's a great place for a photo opportunity. See a picture that I've taken at Nipomo Pumpkin Patch on instagram. Address: 662 Eucalyptus Rd, Nipomo, CA 93444
- River "K" Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze will be open every day in Paso Robles for October. Free parking, free entry, no dogs allowed. According to their instagram, they prefer to take cash. Address: 5670 N River Rd, Paso Robles, CA 93446
- SLO Creek Farms is usually open in the fall. Besides for pumpkins during the fall season, they also have fresh flowers and other fruits that you can pick yourself throughout the year. It's a beautiful farm for a photo opportunity. See my video reel on instagram at SLO Creek Farms from our past visit. Address: 6455 Monte Rd., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Jack Creek Farms has pumpkins in the fall for October and their hours change by the season. They have been named one of the top 30 pumpkin patches in U.S.A. by Yelp. Address: Jack Creek Farms, 5000 CA-46, Templeton, CA 93465
- Chesebrough Farm Family Fun has dozens of varieties of pumpkins and winter squash and they are open to the public starting Oct 1 through Oct 31 every day from 10AM - 6PM. Address: 790 Moss Lane, Templeton, CA 93465
- Willow Pumpkin Patch will open on October 6, 2023 and it'll be open from Fri - Sun only through Oct 22, 2023. Hours are 4PM - 8PM on Fridays, 12PM - 8PM on Saturdays and 2PM - 8PM on Sundays. There are pony rides that you will have to pay for. This is a church fundraiser. They suggest a parking donation of $10. Address: Willow Rd & Hetrick Ave., Nipomo, CA 93444
- Tar Creek Ranch is located in AG and took a bit of a drive. I was impressed with how many kids' activities they had in the past but, they are not open to the public this year. See my video reel on instagram of my past family visit at Tar Creek Ranch in Arroyo Grande during October from a couple of years ago. They are a great venue for special events like a wedding or work party. Address: 2514 Huasna Rd., Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
More About Pumpkin Patches in the Area
Haunted Houses in San Luis Obispo
Get Ready for Halloween!
The Haunt in Atascadero
For 2023, The Haunt In Atascadero starts opening on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting in October. It's interactive theater-based with multiple times offered per day. Address: 5805 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93433
NighTmare from Main Street in Paso Robles
This haunted house in Paso Robles will be open for specific different dates in 2023. They are: October 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, 29, 30 & 31 between 7-10pm. Address: 828 14th Street, Paso Robles, CA 93446
Spirit Halloween Store in San Luis Obispo
It's not a haunted house but they have a lot of scary things inside for you to look and interact with while you're costume shopping! The Spirit Halloween Store reopens a couple of months before Halloween every year!
Here's the 2023 video reel of my visit at the Spirit Halloween Store. I've already visited!
For 2023, the Spirit Halloween Store is now OPEN in the Former Bed Bath & Beyond Store: 317 Madonna Road San Luis Obispo, CA 93405. It's still in the same shopping center as before, just in a bigger store. Before I go to their check out stand, I would make sure to go to their Spirit Halloween website and find the San Luis Obispo location page by using their 'search by city' search bar. Then, from that page, go to the "more info" link and find a 20% off coupon to use for Spirit Halloween's stores or online!
Major Haunted Houses in Southern California for 2023
Living on the Central Coast, we're only a few hours drive from really scary haunted houses and fun rides at major attractions. Here are ticket offerings for attractions that offer a Haunted House experience at night during the Halloween season.
Universal Studios Hollywood Haunted Experience
Universal Studios Hollywood in LA offers Halloween Horror Nights General Admission for $67.49 online through arestravel. It's theme is The Last of Us™: Encounter the haunting and overgrown world of Naughty Dog’s acclaimed video game in a brand-new, terrifying way at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. Stay silent to survive a multitude of Clickers, Hunters and more. Universal Studios Hollywood is a 2 hour and 56 minute drive south from SLO (if no traffic). The Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios is open on selected nights September 7 - October 31, 2023. See Universal Studios Hollywood Ticket Offerings.
Knott's Berry Farm Haunted Experience
On select nights between Sept 14 - October 31, 2023, Knott's Berry Farm turns into Knott's SCARY Farm! It's so scary, it's not recommended for anyone under 13 years old. Knott's Berry Farm is about a 3 hour and 54 minute drive from SLO (if no traffic) Gate price is can be high but you can secure Knott's Scary Farm tickets online for $59.99 from arestravel.