2024 Summer Camps for Kids in San Luis Obispo County Availability
- Summer Experience at multiple schools in San Luis Obispo County for grades: 1st through 12th. Times and schedule vary by grade groups.
- Summer School Camp from City of San Luis Obispo Youth Services They call it KidVENTURE! They have weekly themes for ages 5 - 12 years old, separated by 3 groups. They usually don't post information until a couple of months before summer break. Full Day Camp is Monday - Friday between times: 7:30AM - 5:30PM
- Summer Blast Program by Lucia Mar Unified School District for TK - high school kids under the Lucia Mar Unified School District. Student would attend from 8AM to 2PM for free. Registration and more information will be available on March 25, 2024. They will also have After Summer Blast Care between 2PM - PM as an option. More details and registration info from Lucia Mar Unified School District.
- Avila Bay Athletic Club & Spa in Avila Beach is having a weekly Summer Camp from 9AM - 3PM, Mon - Fri, for members and non-members (rates are different). Each week includes tennis instruction, water activites, art projects, instructional gardening, soccer, kids fitness, kempo, obstacle courses, science experiments, and much more! This year each Friday will have a fun, special theme! Kids must complete a swim test.
- Monarch Hills in San Luis Obispo is offering two weeks of summer camp between July 17 - August 4, 2023 for kids who are between kindergarten and 6th grade. Kids area learning the Waldorf way, which is a farm based education program. The capacity is 15 children for each week.
- Boys and Girls Club South County SLO They have summer camps for elementary aged kids with pods by age groups for a really affordable rate per week. This is in South County area of San Luis Obispo. Full Day Camp is Monday - Friday between times: 7AM - 6PM.
- Pacific Flips Gymnastics Summer Camps in (Grover Beach) are for for kids ages 4 - 14 years old. You can choose between half day or full day. Half Day is 9AM - Noon and Full Day is 9AM - 3PM. You can pay by the week or by the day, with discounts if you book more days out of the week. They would occasionally host a Pajamanastics which is fun play for kids in the evening in their pajamas.
Many parents have enrolled their kids at a Pajamanastics event at Pacific Flips so the kids can have fun while the parents go on date night or run errands.
- Summer Camps at Playtime Discoveries in Atascadero Summer Camp here has different weekly activities and varies by age groups.
- Youth Summer Program by City of Arroyo Grande has Summer Camp with weekly plans. Full Day Camp is Monday - Friday between times: 7AM - 6PM.
- Youth Evolution Basketball Summer Camp has four different locations to pick from: Arroyo Grande, Atascadero, Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo. They are from Monday - Friday for 3 hours a day by age group.
- Summer Camp at Centennial Park in Paso Robles by YMCA is for kids in grades K - 6th. It is a weekly cost. Full Day Camp is Monday - Friday between the times: 7:30AM - 5:30PM.
- Summer Camp at Baywood Elementary by YMCA (San Luis Obispo) are for kids in grades K - 6th grade. It is a weekly cost. Full Day Camp is Monday - Friday between 7:30AM - 5:30PM.
- Summer Camp at Bellevue Santa Fe Charter School by YMCA is for kids grades K - 6th grade. It's a weekly cost. Full Day Camp is Monday - Friday between 7:30AM - 5:30PM.
- Central Coast Gymnastics Summer Camp in San Luis Obispo are for kids ages 4 - 13.5 years old with weekly themes. Half Days are from 9AM - Noon and Full Days are from 9AM - 3PM (depending on how many days a week the child is attending, rates for the week varies).
My kids have attended their camps before and I'm always impressed by how organized they are. (2023 Update: As a mom, I want to caution you about this place so I recommend googling "Central Coast Gymnastics" under the News section as something happened in 2023. Please do some research, then make your decision.)
- Performance Athletics Gymnastics in San Luis Obispo has Summer Camp with a different theme every week. You can pick from 8:30AM - 5:30PM Mon - Fri or 9:30AM - 2:30PM Mon - Fri. This is for ages from 4 - 13 years old.
- Legacy Training Center in San Luis Obispo has Summer Camp for half days or full days and you pay by the week or by the day. They offer a sibling discount. This camp is for ages 4 years old and up. Half day hours are from 9AM - noon or 12:30PM - 3PM. Full day hours are 9AM - 3PM.
- Camp Natoma is a screen-free program under the stars and making new friends from June - August. This is a true camp where they sleep in sleeping bags. Location is West of Paso Robles.
- Keshet Lavoux Childrens Art Studio is offering 5 weeks of Summer Camp with weekly themes in South Atascadero. Camp is for ages 6 - 12 years old.
- Central Coast Aquarium offers Summer Camp from June - August for half day (9AM - noon) and full day (9AM - 3PM). Sessions are broken down by age/grade groups. They are located in Avila Beach. They usually focus on Spring Camp first and then they would publish the summer info after.
See more pictures that I've taken during a past visit at Central Coast Aquarium.
- SLO Classical Academy is located in San Luis Obispo, California for preschoolers through 8th grade kids. There are 3 different sessions. Preschoolers and kindergartener are put in a group together while the older kids get grouped together.
- Summer Camp at Dana Elementary School in Nipomo by Nipomo Rec Office. Summer Camp is for 1st - 6th graders from 7AM - 6PM Mon-Fri and includes: games, arts & crafts, movie & popcorn, STEAM activities and Friday field trips. Free meals (breakfast and lunch) provided by LMUSD. Rates are affordable for half day and full day. Register at the Nipomo Rec Office or call 805-929-5437. They usually don't have the information out until May.
- Cuesta College For Kids & JR Camps are two summer programs that are run by Cuesta College. The College for Kids Program is for ages 10 - 15 years old and the Cuesta College JR Camp is for ages 5 - 9 years old. Their programs are from Monday - Thursday. You can register online or call their office at 805-546-3132.
- Morro Bay Little Guards is a daily 3 hour program during the summer (Mon - Fri) for ages 6 - 9 years old in Morro Bay. You can choose from the morning session or afternoon session. Morro Bay is a beautiful and iconic location in San Luis Obispo County. See pictures that I've taken in Morro Bay.
- Summer Camp at Camp Ocean Pines (cabin stay for 6 days or 13 days) in Cambria. Activities include target sports, arts & crafts, performance, science & nature, social, food and other outdoor activities.
- Creative Kids Performing Arts Musical Theater Camp at Pismo Beach Vets Hall from 9AM - 1PM for kids ages between 8 years old - 14 years old. There are 4 summer sessions.
Find a List of Kids Night Out or Parents Night Out Events throughout San Luis Obispo County
Read About My Experience with the Lucia Mar Summer Swim Program at Arroyo Grande High School for the Kid's Swim Lessons During Summer Break
Read About my Cabana Experience at Mustang Waterpark in Arroyo Grande (Only Open Between Late May - Early Sept Every Year)
Read About my Ravine Waterpark Experiences in Paso Robles (Also Only Open Between Late May - Early Sept Every Year)
Read About My Chaperoning Tips and My Experiences with Chaperoning on Field Trips
Being outdoors in the summer can be so fun but it comes with a risk. Even if the sun seems mild, it's good to have sunscreen, a pair of sunglasses and a sun hat to protect your skin. Staying active improves your mood and you'll get exercise that'll help you stay healthy.
Suggested Activites for the Summer:
- You can go to the two local waterparks, Mustang Waterpark or Ravine Waterpark, or get your own small waterpark at home for the kids. It can get really hot in the summer time. Even a splish splash slide should help the kids cool down and have some fun for hours.
- Take them to free events throughout the summer at the public library. See upcoming free events in San Luis Obispo County.
- Take them to our local beaches like Pismo Beach, Grover Beach/Oceano Dunes, Avila Beach and Morro Bay where that kids can enjoy some time in the ocean and look at the nearby shops. See all of my beach pictures and blog entries of the beaches in our county.
In : For Kids
Tags: summer camps in san luis obispo for kids five cities summer camp atascadero years old slo five cities preschoolers music classes after school camp