Downtown San Luis Obispo
Free Summer Concert Series in Downtown San Luis Obispo: Free Concerts on Fridays in Mission Plaza from 5PM - 8PM from June 23 - September 8, 2023. Bring reusable cups to event (no glass). No outside alcoholic beverages, no pets and no smoking. Family friendly. There will be drinks and food available for purchase. Bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit down. Address: 989 Chorro, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
Pacific Breeze Concerts in Dinosaur Caves Park on second Sunday of every month from 1PM - 4PM beginning in May 2023 and through the July 2023 (total of 3 concerts). Address: 2701 Price St., Pismo Beach, CA 93449. See event list for this event.
Grover Beach Summer Concert Series every Sunday from June - August 2023 at Ramona Garden Park from 3pm - 6pm. Free. Bring your low back chairs, sunglasses, sunblock and dancing shoes. Food, Beer and wine available for purchase. Address: 993 Ramona Ave., Grover Beach, CA 93433. See event list to read more about this Grover Beach Summer Concert Series.
Free music Fridays at Avila Beach Farmers' Market every Friday from May 5 - August 25, 2023 from 4PM - 8PM. The free trolley gets you here from Pismo Beach, Shell Beach, etc. Address for GPS: 3950 Avila Beach Dr,
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405. Read about our experience at the Avila Beach Farmers' Market.
Saturdays in the Park Summer Concert Series at Atascadero Lake Park Bandstand in the summer include 8 different dates on a Saturday: June 17, July 1, July 8, July 22, July 29, August 5, August 12, and August 26 between 6:30PM - 8:30. They are free entry. They recommend bringing a low-back chair and if you would like to purchase any food, bring your wallet. Address: 9305 Pismo Ave, Atascadero, CA 93422
Concerts in the Park every Thursday between June 15 - August 24, 2023 from 6PM - 8PM at Paso Robles Downtown City Park. Music, wine, and good times. Bring your blankets, lawn chairs and picnic baskets for this staple summer occasion. Enjoy the sounds of country, blues, rock, and other genres from local bands. Wine available for purchase onsite. Address for GPS: 12th and Spring Street, Paso Robles, CA 93446
2023 Summer Concert Series by City of Arroyo Grande takes place between July 4 - September 17, 2023 at Heritage Square Park every Sunday from 1PM - 3PM. Bring your own chairs, blankets and sunscreen. There will be food, beer and wine available for purchase. Address: 201 Nelson St, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420. See the Events List page to see all of the free concerts by date.
Nipomo Concerts in the Park takes place beginning on July 5, 2023 at the Gazebo at Nipomo Regional Park from 5:30PM - 7:30PM. This takes place every Wednesday for 8 weeks during the summer. Address for GPS: Address: 904 W Tefft St, Nipomo, CA 93444
Creston City Limits Concert Series dates are: March 31, 2023, April 14, 2023, May 12, 2023, June 16, 2023, July 14, 2023 and August 11, 2023 at 6PM. They are free admittance and you bring your own seating. Address: 6223 Webster Rd., Creston, CA 93432
Concerts in the Park 2023 at Templeton Park are between 6PM - 8PM on the following dates: June 14, June 21, June 28, July 5, July 12, July 19, August 2, August 9, August 16 and August 23. No dogs and cooking your own BBQ. There will be food and drinks for purchase. Address: 550 Crocker St., Templeton, CA 93465
Tips for Attending a Free Outdoor Concert:
- No one likes being blocked from the view of the band, so if you're planning on bringing a chair to sit at any of the outdoor concerts, bring a low-back chair so that others behind you can still see.
It can get really hot during the summer around San Luis Obispo (SLO) County so bring sunscreen and feel free to share it with your friends if they'd like some too.
- Do not bring your own alcoholic beverages as many of these places only allow you to consume when you buy them there. Check with the direct organizers of the event if you're hoping to do this.
- Bring your own bottles of water for those hot, sunny days outdoors so you can stay and enjoy the entertainment more comfortably. Outside water is allowed for any of these outdoor free events planned by the city.
- Even though most of these places sell food, you're welcome to bring your own picnic or a quick sandwich so that you're not so hungry and have to leave your spot to get food at any of the long lines.
- Bring a blanket for comfort. You never know when you might bump into a friend and they'd like to sit next to you but didn't bring a chair. A blanket is a great alternative! This is one of the times when those old blankets are very handy!
In : Free Concerts
Tags: avila beach concert grover beach atascadero pismo beach mission san luis obispo free concerts