I've gone to both Planet Fitness in Arroyo Grande and San Luis Obispo and there are some similarities and differences between the two.
Similarities with Planet Fitness Locations
All across America, every Planet Fitness uses the same logo, splashes of purple inside of their fitness centers and a very distinct brand. However, because every real estate space can be different, the lay-out and subtle details may be different.
I have the black card membership from Planet Fitness so that means that I can go to any Planet Fitness across the nation. I've even worked out on the East Coast while traveling and visited the Planet Fitness there with my scan code from my Planet Fitness app with no issues and no questions asked.
I did the same thing here in San Luis Obispo County and have visited both the Planet Fitness in Arroyo Grande and San Luis Obispo (city), which opened after the Arroyo Grande location.
Differences Between Planet Fitness in Arroyo Grande and Planet Fitness in San Luis Obispo
Overall, I prefer the Planet Fitness at Arroyo Grande. However, here's a list of differences between the two:
- At the Planet Fitness in Arroyo Grande, I feel like the majority of the people who usually go there came to exercise with more focus. That means they are not on their phones as much while they are on the treadmill or chit chatting as much while lifting weights. On the other hand, I feel like 80% of the people on the treadmill at the Planet Fitness in San Luis Obispo, when I visited, had their heads down, glued to their phone in their hands while moving on the treadmill. I usually see less of that at the Planet Fitness in Arroyo Grande. I felt like my motivation was affected as I was not feeling as pumped up when I visited the San Luis Obispo location.
- There is a full body mirror in the locker room at the Planet Fitness in Arroyo Grande in the Women's restroom. In the locker room of the Planet Fitness in San Luis Obispo, the mirror is wider but you can only see half of your body. I guess I'm self-conscious and like to make sure nothing strange is hanging out of my lower body. If you want to see your full body, you'll have to go in one of the dressing rooms that are across from the showers at the Planet Fitness in San Luis Obispo.
- The Planet Fitness San Luis Obispo's shopping center has a bit more options for dining like a Japanese restaurant and an Indian restaurant, in addition to a couple of fast food chain restaurants. So, if you're planning on picking up lunch or dinner after a work out, the Planet Fitness in San Luis Obispo has more options.
- The Planet Fitness San Luis Obispo definitely has newer treadmill machines, which I can put my phone in the center tray at an angle, and it'll stay that way. I like to listen and view music videos on my headphones while I jog and this was really nice. I can also put my phone on the center tray of the treadmills at the Planet Fitness Arroyo Grande but it doesn't stand up at an angle as well and would just lay flat most of the time. I could still watch the videos this way but it's just not at the best angle.
Similarities Between Planet Fitness Arroyo Grande and Planet Fitness San Luis Obispo
- The Planet Fitness in Arroyo Grande is located close to a Starbucks. I'm a coffee drinker so this makes it very convenient for me. The Planet Fitness in San Luis Obispo has a VONS located next door that has a Starbucks inside! They're similar in that they are both located very close to a Starbucks coffee shop.
- There's a Carl's Jr within the same shopping center for both Planet Fitness locations in Arroyo Grande and San Luis Obispo, which I found very interesting!
- Both Planet Fitness locations is located next to a grocery store, which makes it very helpful with running grocery errands right after a work out.
I enjoy going to the gym at both Planet Fitness locations in Arroyo Grande (AG) and San Luis Obispo, but I have a preference towards the one in AG because of the good work out vibe.
As I notice more things between the two locations, I'll continue to add to this blog post.
In : Fitness
Tags: planet fitness arroyo grande planet fitness san luis obispo review