May in San Luis Obispo County offers many outdoor options for your family to do some outdoor activities. Additionally, you can always find a brunch place to enjoy an indoor celebration.
Here are some tips on how to celebrate Mother's Day in San Luis Obispo County for 2022:
Find a nice brunch spot! Many hotels and restaurants around the area offer brunch specials on Mother's Dayl. If any of the restaurants is allowing reservations, I highly recommend doing so! Popular Mother's Day Brunch locations include:
- Madonna Inn - Mother's Day Brunch on May 8, 2022. Brunch buffet is $59.99 adult and 29.95 per child. Link to Mother's Day Madonna Inn Menu.
- Cambria Pines Lodge in Cambria - Mother's Day Brunch on May 8, 2022 is from 12PM - 2:30PM. Prices are $40 for adult and $16 for children ages 6-12 years old. Children 5 and under are free. Reservations recommended. Link to Mother's Day Cambria Pines Lodge Menu.
- Brasserie at Hotel Cerro is offering a special Mother's Day menu from 10:30AM - 4PM on May 8, 2022. Link to the Mother's Day Brasserie Menu.
- Lido Restaurant & Lounge in Pismo Beach/Shell Beach is offering a 3 course prix fixe menu with bottomless mimosa on Mother's Day on May 8, 2022. Link to Mother's Day Lido Menu.
- Marisol at Shell Beach is offering a special 3 course menu for Mother's Day on May 8, 2022. Link to Mother's Day Marisol Menu. They are located inside of The Cliffs Hotel and Spa.
- Take her wine tasting! San Luis Obispo County has hundreds of wineries scattered all around the county. Two top regions to go are: Edna Valley and Paso Robles. Edna Valley takes the San Luis Obispo city name as their address and is located just 10 minutes drive from Pismo Beach. Many of the wine tasting places have a wine tasting room (indoors) and a patio area to enjoy your wine outdoors so there's a great flexibility there. See my wineries' reviews throughout SLO County and pictures I took during my visits. A few wineries are also serving a Mother's Day Brunch Buffet. For instance, Eberle Winery in Paso Robles is hosting their Mother's Day Buffet Brunch from 11AM - 1PM. Prices are $70 per adult and $25 for children who are 12 years old and under. First class of Eberle wine is included with the price.
- Take a fun class together! Local cities all around San Luis Obispo usually have cool art classes you can take for a really decent price. A few wineries and breweries around the area host sip and paints. Sip and paints, or sometimes as 'sip n paints' is where you sip on wine or beer while you paint. They usually provide all of the supplies and the wine so you just pay and show up! I really like sip and paints or paint nights (as some used to call it) because you get to keep that art you made as a memory of your celebration. You can find upcoming art social events in the SLO County area from ArtSocial 805.
- Cook her a tri-tip Santa Maria style! One of many things that we're known for in this county is that we love our tri-tip grilled on a Santa Maria grill. If you really want to wow her, you can buy that expensive hunk of meat, marinate it hours ahead and slowly cook it for your momma! Or better yet, take her to a bbq restaurant that has tri-tip made this way on the menu. My top pick (and Yelp's too) is Firestone Grill. They are located in downtown San Luis Obispo. See my reviews of restaurants throughout San Luis Obispo County on the Restaurants page.
- Go to a special event. There are special Mother's Day themed events around San Luis Obispo County. You can check out each City's planned events but there are a couple notable ones. These include the following:
- Pacific Breeze Concert is happening on Mother's Day on May 8th, 2022 at Dinosaurs Cave Park Pismo Beach from 1PM - 4PM. You See see more details on the Family-Friendly Event List page. This is a free admission event.
- Every year, Grover Beach hosts a Mother and Son Dance in May. See the Family-Friendly Events Page to see upcoming events in San Luis Obispo County. Grover Beach is part of San Luis Obispo County. Here's a picture of the decorated table from the Mother & Son Dance that I had attended in the past below. See my Pros and Cons Thoughts on Going a Mother's Day Dance.
- SLO Public Market is hosting a very special event on the day before Mother's Day on Sat., May 7th, 2022 at 12PM. They will be having an onsite Photographer doing family portraits for $5 each; they will send the picture to your email. SLO Public Market has many restaurants that you can enjoy in a casual atmosphere. See pictures of the SLO Public Market that I took during our recent visit on Instagram.
To see other pictures of restaurants that I've visited in San Luis Obispo County, go to the Restaurants Page.
Here's a video clip of what I enjoyed on Mother's Day at Ada's Fish House on Mother's Day a couple of years ago:
In : Mothers Day
Tags: mothers day in slo mother's day in san luis obispo what to do mother's day brunch slo pismo beach shell beach mothers day paso robles edna valley wineries